ulysses s. grant, former union general and potus, once said " Labor disgraces no man, but occasionally men disgrace labor." i think we have reached a point as a society where political correctness has disgraced the notion of right and wrong...
i have often attempted to have logical conversations with people who say that the "undocumented workers" do not take away from our society but add to it. i hate that term "undocumented worker". it ignores the entire reason that the person is "undocumented". they are "undocumented workers" because they are here ILLEGALLY. and if they are here ILLEGALLY then, by definition they cannot be GOOD people.
this is not an esoteric conversation like with my fourth amendment case, there is no question of whether or not they are legally in this country. if they did not come here in the manner prescribed by law, they are here illegally. and if they came here illegally, than they are teaching their kids that no law matters so long as you're trying make a better life for yourself. how can any good come of that for our society or our country?
today i received an email that broke it down so well, that i knew i had to share it. it was titled "joe legal vs. jose illegal" and it went like this:
You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal".
Both families have two parents, two children, and live in the same area of Southern California.
Joe Legal works in construction, has a legal Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".
Ready? Now pay attention...
- Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax and now has: $31,231.00.
- Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year, pays no taxes and still has: $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year and now has: $24,031.00.
- Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year and still has: $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare, so he pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year, and now has: $18,031.00.
- Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare and still has: $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year and now has: $9,631.00.
- Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy, pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year and still has: $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 per year for insurance and now has: $7,231.00.
- Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has: $31,200.00.
- Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.
- Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.
- Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.
- Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.
- Joe Legal and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.
- Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch.
- Joe Legal's children go home after school each day where Joe pays for child care out of that $7,231.00 he had left.
- Jose Illegal's children have a FREE after school ESL program provided by the U.S. tax payers.
- Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.
Do you get it, now? If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens or amnesty for illegals then YOU are part of the problem!